This list of instructions is intended to prepare you for your surgical procedure. For optimal results, please follow these instructions carefully.
- Discontinue use of vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen or any arthritis medication, seven days prior to and three days after your surgical procedure. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is acceptable for use. If you are in doubt concerning the use of a particular medication, please consult the office.
- No alcoholic beverages for seven days prior to your procedure. Alcohol can cause excessive bleeding which can make the surgical procedure more difficult.
- A normal night’s sleep is recommended the night before the procedure.
- It is recommended that you eat a normal breakfast or lunch prior to your procedure. Nausea and/or a faint feeling may result if the surgical procedure is performed on a patient with an empty stomach.
- Wash and dry your hair on the morning of the procedure. Do not use hair spray the day of the procedure. Please bring a loose fitting baseball type cap and wear a button-down shirt.
- Prior to your surgical procedure, it may be helpful to purchase the following items at your local pharmacy as you will need them for your post-operative care:
- Ice Pack. This can be the re-usable form or can be made from a plastic bag filled with ice cubes.
- It is not recommended that you drive home after your surgical procedure. However, in certain situations it may be acceptable please discuss this with Dr. Wolf if you have any questions.
- Due to the busy schedule we keep, we ask that you please inform us AT LEAST THREE WEEKS IN ADVANCE if you cannot keep your surgical appointment.
- If you have any questions about the procedure or these instructions at any time, feel free to contact this office at 1-800-900-4769.
Scalp Laxity Exercises
Scalp laxity exercises may be recommended by Dr. Wolf to prepare your scalp for surgery. Ask about these scalp laxity exercises during your consultation.
Scalp Laxity Exercise 1:
Clasp your hands and place on the back of your scalp. Find the area on your skull that has the ridge running along the back. Place your hands slightly above this ridge with your palms flat.
Pull your hands forward toward your forehead while at the same time moving your scalp up and down. Press hard enough against your head so that your scalp moves and your hands don’t simply slip over your hair. Perform this exercise for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening.
Scalp Laxity Exercise 2:
Place your hands firmly at the side of your head. Move the scalp up down as far as scalp movement will allow without your hands slipping on your head.
Perform this exercise for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening.